Applauded as an exceptional entrepreneur and intrepid investor, Mr. Piramal believes that the true key to his long-term success has been the consistent and resolute application of his core values of Knowledge, Action and Care. Mr. Piramal’s steadfast commitment to the Group’s purpose of ‘Doing Well and Doing Good’ has manifested in a belief that individual success and organizational growth cannot be exclusive of responsible & ethical business practices. This underscores the Group’s commitment to the Piramal Foundation, its philanthropic arm.
He did B. Sc (Hons.) from Bombay University (1975). He completed his Master in Management Studies from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (1977) and Advanced Management Programme from Harvard Business School (1992).
Mr. Piramal is focused on instilling values that have helped build a group that is ranked amongst the highest on ethical business and integrity. His commitment to society has also shaped the vision of Piramal Foundation.
Mr. Piramal has won several global awards in recognition of his philanthropic work and been Nominated for the Forbes Philanthropy Awards in the Outstanding Philanthropist category in 2013 and 2014. He was nominated as a Global Leader of Tomorrow by the World Economic Forum before he turned 40.
He holds the Directorships in other entities:
- Chairman, Piramal Enterprises Limited.
- Member, Board of Dean’s Advisors, Harvard Business School.
- Chairman, Board of Governors, IIT, Indore.
- Chairman, Pratham.
- Invitee to the World Economic Forum for the last ten years.
- Chairman, Alumni Committee of Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies.
He has also been recognised by way of following Awards /Recognitions
- Among the few industrialists who held a private session with US President Barack Obama during his 2015 visit to India
- Outstanding Philanthropist Nominee, Forbes Philanthropy Awards (in 2013 and 2014)
- Horasis Indian Business Leader of the Year Award (UK), 2014
- ‘India Innovator of the Year 2008’ by CNBC TV 18.
- ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ Award by UK Trade & Investment Council (2006).
- ‘Global Leaders of Tomorrow’ by the World Economic Forum (2004)
- Ernst & Young's ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ (2004) in Healthcare & Life Sciences.
- ‘CEO of the Year Award’ by World Strategy Forum (1999) and ‘Four Way Test Award’ (2001).